TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOXES OF FUN TRADING UK LTD
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
This website is owned and operated by Boxes Of Fun Trading UK Ltd (otherwise known as BOF). Boxes Of Fun Trading UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales (company registration number 9845649) and office address is at 483 Green lanes, London N13 4BS, United Kingdom. To contact us click here.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please occasionally check this page to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may occasionally update our site, and could change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
If you choose a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us by submitting our form information explaining the situation.
BOF has carried out its best efforts to procure that its products, descriptions and prices have been displayed correctly and accurately.
Please be aware that:
1. All prices are displayed in pound sterling and although VAT is not currently charged, we reserve the right to charge the applicable VAT rate at any time in the future.
2. Packaging may be different from what is displayed on our site, however, delivery packaging will be blank, with a sales invoice inside of the parcel.
3. Sizes may vary to some extent to the products advertised.
4. Please note that actual colours of the products viewed on our site may vary as a result of computer monitors which may display visual colours differently to the actual product being advertised.
5. All items are subject to availability. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure customers are informed as soon as possible if an item is out of stock, and we may offer a similar product equal to or higher in quality and or value.
PLACING AN ORDER WITH US
- You may only purchase products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
- You may only purchase products from us if the products you are purchasing are legal in your country. If you order from us and your products are, for example, seized by customs officer’s this is not our responsibility and you will lose your products without a refund from us.
- You will have the option to join our mailing list selected by default, this option can be unchecked at the checkout page if you do not wish to receive discounts.
- If you leave a mobile number as contact information when placing an order, we may contact you via WhatsApp messenger to give you customer support, or for further marketing purposes.
DELIVERY CHARGES AND TIMESCALES
Your delivery costs and delivery times will be determined by a variety of factors and variables.
Some of these may include:
1) The delivery times selected in our checkout area.
2) Stock levels
3) If there are disruptions or delays in our internal and or external delivery services.
All of our deliveries are sent in plain packaging to ensure you have privacy and peace of mind that your box of fun remains a secret. Check our delivery costs and policy here.
At the present time, we deliver within the United Kingdom and also some overseas countries. Overseas customers must request a custom invoice, and can only purchase exclusive products at present. Some products have customised delivery options. If there is no one available to sign for your delivery at your delivery address, or the parcel is too big for the letterbox, then a note will be left at your delivery address stating which neighbour/address it has been left with, and or with an arrangement/instructions on how to collect the item from your nearest post depot.
All potential risks involved with the products you purchase from us including the risk of loss and / or damage will be your responsibility once products have been delivered to the delivery address provided in your order. BOF will not be held responsible for any delays or delivery failures that are wholly or partly caused by circumstances beyond our control. In the United Kingdom delivery charge refunds can only be made in accordance with your legal rights under the new Consumer Contracts Regulations which implement the Consumer Rights Directive UK, formally known as the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and other fitting legislation. If you need information about your legal rights, contact the Citizens Advice Bureau, (in the UK).
The prices of products will be as quoted on our site from time to time. We take all reasonable care to ensure that prices of products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However, if you discover an error in the price of products you order, please contact us immediately and we will endeavour to correct the error as soon as reasonably practicable.
Prices of our products/items may change at times but will not affect any order which we have already confirmed.
PROMOTIONS AND COUPON CODES
Customers with coupon codes must enter their code when they access the checkout page or view cart area, and apply coupon. Coupons can only be used once per customer, as identified by their email address, credit card, and or delivery address, and only one coupon can be used per transaction. All coupons have an expiry date. Some codes will offer a discount with a specified amount to spend. Codes will only be accepted in a single transaction and exclude delivery charges and may only offer discounts with specific items in the store.
All coupons remain the property of Boxes Of Fun Trading UK Limited and must not be reproduced, and are non-transferable in any way possible. We reserve the right to remove coupon codes at any time without warning and also withdraw offers.
Subscribers to BOF may be sent marketing and promotional material to their registered email address; this promotional material may include coupons and information on discounts, special offers, bargain sales, news updates and affiliate information.
As we currently only trade in the United Kingdom, we will only accept pound sterling (GBP). We can accept payment via the following cards by way of a Direct Bank Transfer or PayPal payment: Visa / MasterCard / Visa Delta/ Maestro / American Express / Solo.
CANCELLATIONS, DAMAGED, INCORRECTLY SUPPLIED GOODS, EXCHANGES & REFUNDS
You have the legal right to cancel your order within fourteen working days once you receive your goods. This term complies with the new Consumer Contracts Regulations which implement the Consumer Rights Directive UK, formally known as the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 to UK/EU customers. Refunds cancelled under the Consumer Rights Directive will be processed in accordance with your legal rights and if you wish to cancel under these rights please contact us by filling out our online form and quoting your name, order number, details of products purchased, and contact details.
You are responsible for ensuring that items are returned within 14 days of cancelling your order. You must ensure that items are handled with due care, and are not used, or opened. This is due to strict health and hygiene regulations. Products must be sent to us in its original packaging, and posting records should be kept to prove you have sent them to us. This may be provided at any post office in the UK and is free of charge. The items you return to us are completely your responsibility until we have received them in satisfactory condition. Your refund or exchange will be issued once we receive the returned items and we are happy with the condition of the product. Return delivery charges are non-refundable for cancellation reasons, however, if products are faulty or incorrect then return delivery charges will be refundable. Where possible, please try to cancel your order on the same day as ordering in order to avoid the inconvenience of returning your items.
In the unlikely event of items being damaged or incorrectly supplied, we may offer you a replacement product. We will only exchange faulty items for a like for like item, and not for alternatives. Refunds will be made to the debit/credit cards used to make your order payment. We reserve the right to withhold refunds for products which, in our view, are deemed to be damaged or are of unsatisfactory quality upon return.
Terms that apply when cancelling a product from us: (please consult trading standards or your local UK Citizens Advice Bureau for a full statement of your rights)
1. Damage or loss caused when returning a product
If you decide to return items to us and they are damaged or lost while in transit, you will be responsible for this. We, therefore, recommend that you have written proof of a return (e.g. from a post office).
If returned products are damaged or lost in transit, we reserve the right to charge you and or withhold a refund for the monies requested due to any such loss or damage.
2. Applicability of cancellation rights
Legal rights of cancellation under the new Consumer Contracts Regulations which implement the Consumer Rights Directive do not apply to certain products including:
The sale of tailor-made or personalised goods, underwear and earrings, perishable and other items that deteriorate rapidly such as food and flowers, CDs DVDs or software if you have broken the seal all wrapping.
If in the unlikely event you receive damaged goods or the wrong items, you must contact us within fourteen days by filling out our form or contacting us via Chat in the bottom right corner of your screen and letting us know the problem. Please include evidence, detailed pictures or a video of the damage, this can be done on any smartphone. Once we have received your message and evidence of the damage, a member of staff will contact you via email as soon as possible letting you know where to return your items. The faulty items/products must then be sent to us as soon as possible. Your return charges will be refunded to you or credited to your BOF account. Returns should be sent by Royal Mail second class, signed for and refunds or credits will be made to the equivalent value. We don’t offer paid return postage from outside the UK. Evidence of posting costs must be emailed to us, (A simple picture from a smartphone will qualify). Bulk items will be advised on alternative methods of return or possible collection by a member of staff.
In the unlikely event of goods being damaged or incorrectly supplied, then it is our responsibility, and your return delivery costs will qualify for a refund. However, if there are any other reasons for requesting a refund or exchange, the customer is liable for return delivery costs. Incorrectly supplied items or cancellations must be un-opened as from the customer’s perspective, the wrong products will be identifiable by its packaging without the need to open it. All refunds will be made to the debit/credit cards provided to make the original order. We will only exchange faulty items for a like for like item, it is at our discretion to offer alternative products. We will charge a maximum of 20% restocking fee for non-faulty products. If items you ordered are returned to us because you have not collected or signed for the package, you will be liable for any return delivery charges. PayPal’s service charge fees are currently temporarily non-refundable due to a change in their policy.
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website Boxes Of Fun Trading UK Ltd. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept and agree to abide by all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our overall terms of website use.
You must not:
1. Copy, reproduce, replicate, duplicate, misuse, resell, steel or otherwise misappropriate any content from our site.
2. Modify, repost or distribute any content on our site.
3. Commercially exploit or gain a pecuniary advantage from any content of our site.
4. Use our site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
5. Use our site in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has an unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
6. To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with our content standards.
7. Access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site, any equipment or network on which our site is stored or any software used in the provision of our site.
CUSTOMER REVIEWS AND TESTIMONIALS
By submitting a customer review or a testimonial you are agreeing that Boxes Of Fun Trading UK Limited have the right to use, modify, reproduce, or remove content at our will. You will be granting us a royalty-free, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use your content on the Internet.
By writing a testimonial you agree and warrant that:
• Your content is true and genuine.
• You are the author of what you have written and it is your own work.
• Your content is not defamatory and does not infringe any applicable laws.
• Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
• The content you submit is not considered unlawful, abusive, violent, racially or sexually discriminatory, offensive, or libellous.
• Your content is not harmful, containing any worms or viruses, trojan horses or any other computer programs that may cause damage or affect data.
• Your content does not display any links or HTML tags.
• The content you submit does not contain any inappropriate questions or comments aimed at any of our site’s users or staff at BOF, these comments will not be tolerated and will be removed.
• Your content does not display any contact information, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, or URLs, these will be removed.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensor’s.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial of service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or any terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• Use of, or inability to use, our site: or
• Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a consumer, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business or business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial of service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for any content of websites linked to our site. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We at Boxes Of Fun Trading UK Limited have encouraged all users of our websites to abide by the rules set above, this gives potential customers legitimate, constructive feedback about our business.
If you have been offended by any comments or testimonials on our site please contact our administrative team so that we can review the offensive content. If the content you are concerned about breaches any of the above conditions then it will be removed immediately.