Say Happy Valentines With RosesS.K
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY BOYS AND GIRLS
Make someone feel really very special this Valentine’s Day by giving them nature’s most elegant love-flower: the Red Rose. It is one of the most simple yet romantic gifts to give.
The tradition of giving flowers on St. Valentine’s Day first developed in the late 17th Century. Roses became the flower of choice because it was reputed to be the favourite flower of the Goddess Venus – the Goddess of Love. Florists will often refer to the single red rose as a ‘signature rose.’
The Valentine Day colours are generally red and white, some people also include pink in this pallet. Why these colours? Red is the symbol of passion, while white is the symbol of purity. Pink, some argue, is a more appropriate colour for younger lovers because it represents a meeting point between two poles. Traditionally a Valentine Rose is long stemmed but if you fancy been different you might ask your florist to arrange a nice little Posey.
There are many ways to give roses – and each has its own hiding meaning here are a few of the more romantic
- A bunch of red roses say “I love you.” They also stand for respect and courage.
- A single red rosebud symbolizes beauty, youth and a heart innocent of love or: “You are young and beautiful.”
- Red rosebuds mean “pure and lovely.”
- Red and white roses together, or white roses with red edges, signify unity.
- Two red roses taped or wired together to form a single stem signal an engagement or coming marriage.
- A full blown red rose placed over two redbuds forms a combination that signifies secrecy.
- A pink rose represents happiness. It’s great to give a pink rose to a partner to say, “I’m very happy with our relationship.” But be careful a light pink rose is also taken to mean ‘sympathy.’ When someone had had a loss in their life then often people offer light pink roses as a way of expressing their condolences
Finally, the rose leave itself is a symbol of hope.
Whatever the reason for the flower, whether it be one single red rose or a dozen red roses be sure your loved one will appreciate the thought.